Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Minnie Mouse icon



This season, the press is mentioning it, talking about it, it's all over. I am talking about the "Minnie Mouse wanna be".

This is an homage to the world wide known icon. Many designers stepped up by creating different pieces related to the Disney face.

Here is a list of the designers:

-Giles
-Michael Van der Ham
-Richard Nicole
-Piers Akinson
-Bunney
-Husam El Odeh

in collaboration with

-Luke Hersheson
-Katie Hillier
-Lulu Guinesss
-Tatty Devine
-Terry de Havilland



Minnie was born in the 1920's precisely 1928. Her look inspired many of us. Her bow, her polka dots and graphic colors is found everywhere and for all ages (hair style included!) 



There was a fashion show in London called :
"The Minnie Mouse must-haves". The purpose of that show was to collect the money for a program named Bazaar fashion art foundation.






Gerlan Jeans New York fashion week Spring/Summer 2013

I, myself own a Minnie mouse sweater and I feel like all my childhood memories are coming back!
I've always been a Minnie Mouse fan and will always be!

MUSIC

-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment